Silver Millennium Masquerade Ball Code of Conduct
Adhering to this simple Code of Conduct will allow all of our guests to have a good time in a safe, fun environment. By purchasing a ticket, you agree to comply with this code or to forfeit your right to attend the Silver Millennium Masquerade Ball, hereafter referred to as “the Event.”
- This is an 18+ event. You must be 18 years of age or older on the date of the Event (March 11, 2017) in order to attend. Bringing a minor (ticketed or unticketed) to the Event is not allowed and they will not be admitted into the venue.
- Harassment of any guests, staff, or vendors (either on our social media accounts or at the Event) will not be tolerated. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. If you experience any form of harassment, please approach a staff member. Participants who are asked to stop harassing behavior are expected to stop immediately or forfeit their ticket without refund.
- We have a zero tolerance policy regarding violence. Violence and threats of violence will result in the perpetrator being immediately ejected from the event without refund and involvement of the local authorities.
- Commercial or business transactions conducted without the Event staff’s prior written consent are prohibited. This includes, without limitation, the solicitation of money or other contributions or donations, or distribution of commercial advertising or promotional material of any kind, or offering samples of items which are sold, available for sale, or available in exchange for a donation or contribution.
- Possession and use of any illegal substances in the Event venue or on its grounds are prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited outside of designated areas.
- Any evidence of theft or destruction at the Event, whether of guest or venue property, will result in immediate detainment and contact of the authorities. Guests are asked to be aware of their personal property at all times, as Event staff and venue staff can not be held responsible for any stolen or damaged items.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOGRAPHY
- By purchasing a ticket, you agree that you may be recorded during the Event without compensation and you hereby grant Fandom Services, LLC the rights to reproduce, display, distribute, perform, create derivative works from, and otherwise use any still photographs and moving sound and audiovisual recordings (“Recordings”) of you in any media and in any manner throughout the world in perpetuity, including on the internet, broadcast, satellite and other transmissions.
- Recordings of the Event or its employees, staff, or attendees for the purpose of sale, and/or publication to the press is expressly forbidden unless written permission has been obtained from Fandom Services, LLC, as well the policy of any venue in which you are recording. Individuals may make Recordings for private listening/viewing, provided that such Recordings clearly identify the Event, date, and location at which they were recorded.
- Ticket holders are encouraged to limit their equipment to smartphone cameras and pocket digital cameras. Bulky DSLR and hand-held camcorders are strongly discouraged, as we cannot offer secure space to store them and cannot be responsible for any damages incurred over the course of the event. Tripods are prohibited.
- Ticket holders must obtain permission of other ticket holders, entertainers, and staff before taking photos or recording them. If you are asked to stop or to delete photos containing their image, you must comply. Please be respectful.
- Do not take flash photography of Sera Symphony while they are performing.
Weapons and Props
- No live steel will be allowed at the event, sheathed or unsheathed. This includes swords, bayonets, knives, or any metal with a sharp edge.
- Absolutely no firearms, reproduction or otherwise, will be allowed into the event.
- No projectile items of any kind will be allowed into the event. This includes Bubble guns.
- No explosives or chemicals of any kind will be allowed (flash powder, sparklers, etc.)
- Prop height must be limited to six (6) feet, prop width must be limited to three (3) feet.
- Fandom Services, LLC and Event and venue staff are not responsible for any missing or damaged props. They are your responsibility.
- All guests must adhere to the black tie dress code requiring the minimum dress standards of gowns/cocktail dresses and tuxedos. Cosplay must meet or exceed these standards as well.
- Clothing must cover genitalia, including breasts (all genders) out of respect for our venue.
- Hoop skirts or dresses with a wide, rigid structure can not be worn to the event. Please substitute rigid hoop skirts with petticoats or flexible boning.
- No street clothing will be allowed at the venue. Sneakers and non-dress shoes are prohibited. Ball caps are prohibited.
- Masks are strongly encouraged.
- All attendees must respect hygiene standards.
Fandom Services, LLC is committed to providing a safe environment for everyone attending the Event. Fandom Services, LLC expects its employees, staff, directors, and each of their guests or representatives, to follow all applicable laws and regulations concerning imbibing alcohol over the course of the Event.
Fandom Services, LLC does not serve alcohol. Fandom Services, LLC employees, staff, directors, and all Fandom Services, LLC representatives, including interpreters and those assisting Guests of Honor, are prohibited from serving alcohol. Adults 21 and over may order alcoholic beverages from their hotel, the Event venue, and other places that legally serve alcohol and have liquor licenses. If you are legally permitted to drink and choose to do so, Fandom Services, LLC asks that you drink responsibly.
Prohibited conduct includes, but is not limited to, the following behavior:
- Consumption of alcohol by any person younger than 21 years old (a “minor”).
- Providing alcohol to, or facilitating the provision of alcohol to, any minor.
- Attempting to bring alcohol into the Event venue from an outside source.
- Violation of any federal, state, or local law regarding alcoholic beverages.
Violation of this Alcohol Policy is grounds for immediate expulsion from the event and/or termination of your position with Fandom Services, LLC. Remember, drinking is a privilege, not a right. Anyone found to be excessively drunk and disturbing other guests will be removed.
If you need immediate assistance, please don’t hesitate to approach anyone on the Event staff. Fandom Services, LLC reserves the right to modify and/or update this Code of Conduct at any time.
If you have any questions about these guidelines, please contact us.